Consensus Conference on Prosthetic Protocols in Implant-based Oral Rehabilitations
The methods by which single crowns and prostheses are designed and fabricated for implant-based treatments have changed over the years. Recently, new innovative materials and techniques have been introduced, along with related scientific evidence. This FOR consensus conference focused on the prosthodontic aspects of such implant-based rehabilitations.
At a time when an over-abundance of information is always readily available through internet-based outlets, discerning sound scientific evidence from questionable and biased data has become increasingly challenging. Systematic literature reviews with meta analyses, where appropriate, are at the pinnacle of the “quality-of-scientific-evidence” pyramid and have, therefore, become invaluable tools in the assessment of clinical data and the decision-making process in the practice of dentistry.
A group of 10 international experts was selected, based on their expertise and publications related to specific aspects of prosthodontic treatment. Each participant was tasked with completing a systematic and comprehensive review of the literature and synthesizing it into the form of a literature review. Each paper was submitted and reviewed by the panel of experts prior to the actual conference meeting. Then, at the meeting, each participant presented a synopsis of their conclusions, followed by time for discussion and critique by all the attendees. After the face-to-face meeting, final papers were submitted and the consensus text was developed for inclusion in this special supplement of the journal.
Download the results using the below button.
The full text article contains the following papers:
- Fixed vs removable complete arch implant prostheses: A literature review of prosthodontic outcomes
- Clinical outcomes of full arch fixed implant-supported zirconia prostheses: A systematic review
- Impact of prosthetic material on mid- and long-term outcome of dental implants supporting single crowns and fixed partial dentures: A systematic review and meta-analysis
- Influence of implant abutment fabrication method on clinical outcomes: a systematic review
- Immediate loading of zygomatic implants: A systematic review of implant survival, prosthesis survival and potential complications
- Prosthetic protocols in implant-based oral rehabilitations: A systematic review on the clinical outcome of monolithic all-ceramic single- and multi-unit prostheses
- Accuracy of digital implant impressions with intraoral scanners. A systematic review
- Misfit of implant prostheses and its impact on clinical outcomes. Definition, assessment and a systematic review of the literature
- Performance of CAD/CAM monolithic ceramic Implant-supported restorations bonded to titanium inserts: A systematic review
The following experts joined the consensus meeting: