Immediate provisionalization in the esthetic zone with narrow diameter implants: 5-year results
Restoring lateral maxillary incisors and lateral and central mandibular incisors is often challenging because of the limited space available for implant placement as well as high patient expectations (1,2). Narrow-diameter tapered implants are frequently used in this indication because they fit between adjacent natural tooth roots and are well-suited for an optimized emergence profile of the final restoration.
The aim of this clinical study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of a variable-thread tapered 3.0 mm implants (NobelActive 3.0, Nobel Biocare) placed in immediate function in private clinic and hospital-based settings over a 5-year follow-up period.
- High 5-year cumulative implant survival and success rates of narrow diameter tapered implant, 96.5% and 95.2% respectively.
- Stable marginal bone levels after initial bone remodeling with no change in mean marginal bone levels (MBLC) between 1 & 5 years follow-up.
- Healthy soft tissue throughout the follow-up period.
Presented at 30th Annual Scientific Meeting of the European Association for Osseointegration (EAO Digital Days), 12–14 October 2021.
Weigl P, Trimpou G, Hess P, Bellucci G, Trisciuoglio D, Friberg B, Leziy S, Wagner W, Moergel M, Al-Nawas B, Pozzi A, Ottria L, Wiltfang J, Behrens E, Vasak C, Zechner W, Kolinski M. (December 2021) EAO-374/PO-SU-012 | Immediate provisionalization in the esthetic zone with narrow diameter implants: 5-year results. In Special Issue: Digital Days 2021 by the European Association for Osseointegration 12-14 October 2021, Clin Oral Impl Res; 32(S22):145-145. https://doi.org/10.1111/clr.67_13856
1. Slagter KW et al. (2014) J Periodontol 85(7):e241–e250.
2. Buser D et al. (2004) Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 19(Suppl):43–61.