Benefit of Immediate Implants Episode I: Indications and Diagnosis
- The body of clinical evidence for immediate implant placement and provisionalization (IIPP)
- How to analyze the buccal plate and whether soft tissue grafting is indicated
- Implant stability requirements and the role of implant morphology
- Clinical case: a view on the soft tissue response and 11-year outcome
- Debate: is the presence of buccal bone mandatory for immediate implants?
Moderator, Dr. Joseph Kan opens this session highlighting that immediate tooth replacement is one of the most controversial procedures today. Dr. Jose Navarro critically reviews the clinical evidence to demonstrate that IIPP is a reliable treatment option and deepen our understanding of the indications, contraindications, assessment strategies and diagnosis. See how to analyze the buccal plate and the visual technique to assess whether soft tissue grafting is indicated. Through a clinical case, he shows how to implement the technique, respecting biology and anatomy, with a view on the intra- and post-operative soft tissue response as well as the long term outcome. The expert panel Edith Groenendijk, Tristan Staas, Óscar González-Martín, and Gabor Tepper joins to discuss failure rates from their own experience and debate the prerequisite and how best to assess the buccal plate.