Bernard Touati, Jean-Marc Etienne: Implant esthetics in the digital age
- Combination of digital technology, esthetics and function
- Team approach between dental clinic and dental laboratory
- Diagnostic and planning considerations for esthetic restorations
- Digital restoration design protocols
- Influence of substructure, material and cementation material on esthetic result
- New York 2013 symposium dental technician day presentation
Over the recent years dentistry has undergone a considerable evolution, providing new technologies and materials, and become more digital. The challenge and opportunity is to combine digital technologies, esthetics and function. Dr Touati and Jean-Marc Etienne discuss long distance communication between clinic and laboratory, challenges in shade taking, aspects of facial and dental analysis, symmetry and harmony. The lecturer team explains digital, esthetic restoration design principles and protocols, both implant-based and on natural teeth, and reviews influence of substructure condition and appearance, material selection, as well as cement type and color on the esthetic outcome. The lecturer team highlights, that light transmission and fluorescence characteristics of the restoration materials are critical for optimal esthetic results under various light conditions.