Giorgio Tabanella: Dental implant esthetics in a diseased periodontium
- Bone grafting techniques in partially edentulous patients with reduced periodontium
- Review of GBR and hard and soft tissue management techniques
- Upcoming innovations in tissue regeneration
- Patient treatment examples step-by-step
- Munich symposium 2014 presentation
Periodiontal diseases may create complex vertical and horizontal bone defects and pose specific challenges for implant based treatment. Dr Tabanella presents patient histories with generalized chronic and advanced periodontitis situations and reviews challenges, treatment planning, augmentation, implant placement, provisional and final restorative procedures. With a focus on GBR techniques, Dr Tabanella discusses aspects of periodontal osseous surgery, bone grafting, sinus lift, and how flap techniques and soft tissue management and contouring can influence and enhance the esthetic end result. Upcoming innovations in tissue regeneration will include microsurgical sinus lift techniques to increase blood supply and reduce post-surgery edema, and new membranes providing higher stability and facilitating epithelial cell migration.
Log in or sign up to continue