Immediate implants episode 3: how to manage the gap
- Choosing implant width according to the recommended distance between the palatally placed immediate implant and the buccal plate
- How to deal with the gap for predictable facial esthetics
- The role of xenograft and beneficial material properties
- Illustration of the dual zone technique using a clinical case
- Should grafting be considered an integral component of immediate implant placement: Consensus of the European Society of Periodontology
- The panel experts compare notes on techniques and materials
Dr. Jose Navarro returns to discuss how to manage the gap that occurs between the palatally placed immediate implant and the buccal wall in this series moderated by Dr. Joseph Kan. Continue the journey exploring immediate implant placement and provisionalization by viewing the sequel to the influence of implant position in this series. Discover foundational evidence and the randomized controlled trial that shows correct management of the gap and its impact on esthetic outcome. What is the right jumping distance for healing? Is grafting essential to the esthetic outcome? When grafting is needed, which material is optimal? What more is required for predictable outcomes? These and many more questions are discussed in this exciting lecture and panel discussion.