Immediate implants episode 5: Challenges in the Posterior Maxilla and Mandible
- How to get started with immediate implants
- Considerations for the posterior maxilla
- How to approach infected teeth, and the posterior mandible
- Minimum insertion torque to provisionalize an anterior vs a posterior immediate implant
- Do we need guided surgery for immediate single tooth replacement?
Dr. Gabor Tepper shares his clinical cases with over 10 years of follow-up of immediate implants in the challenging indications of the posterior maxilla and infected sites of the mandible. He compares outcomes of a traditional sinus lift procedure and a more modern immediate placement protocol in a split mouth clinical case. With an immediate implant protocol, he highlights cost, pain and chairside time for clinician and patient alike is a fraction of the conventional approach. Another interesting case discussion elucidates criteria for managing infected sites and the posterior mandible with immediate implants. Moderator Joe Kan and the expert panel discuss minimum insertion torque for immediate replacement and what it really means.