Iñaki Gamborena and Luc Rutten: Key technical considerations for soft tissue integrity and associated optimal esthetic outcomes
- Re-treatment of a failed bridge restoration on implants and natural teeth
- Cooperation between clinic and dental laboratory
- Review of complete treatment sequence
- Soft tisse management insights
- New York 2013 symposium presentation
The lecture reviews the treatment of a failed bridge restoration supported by implants and natural teeth. Dr Gamborena and L Rutten explain the treatment sequence and the cooperation between the clinic and the dental lab. The lecture discusses patient motivation, treatment options for re-establishing both white and pink esthetics, diagnostic wax-up as an 'architectural' basis for the restoration, tooth extraction and implant insertion, connective tissue graft techniques, provisionalization, impression and cementation procedures and CAD/CAM assisted restoration configuration and design. The final bridge is produced with Zirciona full ceramic and for ideal esthetics needs to show fluorescence similar to dentin.