Oded Bahat: 30 years implant based restorations - experiences from private practice
- Review of implant placement procedures and evolution over time
- Considerations for three-dimensional bone reconstruction
- Cranio-facial changes over time and their impact on esthetic and longterm treatment planning
- Plan for results, not for procedures
- Munich Symposium 2014 presentation
With evolution of treatment procedures, products and scientific evidence, treatment concepts change over time. Dr Bahat reviews, what procedures and requirements in his practice have changed over time and what stayed the same. Esthetic demands by patients and subsequent need of impeccable reconstruction of missing and lost tissues have not changed over time. Supported by clinical examples, Dr Bahat demonstrates grafting procedures and three-dimensional reconstruction of hard and soft tissue defects. Dr Bahat reviews the change from two-stage to one-stage procedures and his implant design preferences, and explains the adaptation of the drill-protocol in soft bone to optimize primary implant stability. Based on development of cranio-facial changes over time, to avoid exposure of the implant threads at a later point of time, Dr Bahat discusses alternative osteotomy positions for the implant, adaptation of implant size and suitable combination of grafting materials.