Treatment of the atrophic mandible with short implants - Immediate Function Episode 4
- Radiographic 3D digital planning
- The importance of a well-fitting prosthesis for digital planning
- The relative benefit of tilted implants when the mental foramen is very close to the crest
- Considerations for short dental implants
- Four vs six implants in the severely atrophic mandible
- Avoid complications and injury to the inferior alveolar nerve
Facing the complex case of a atrophic mandible with less than 5mm bone height, Dr Andrew Dawood describes the impact of this clinical situation for the patient, presents the treatment options and the specifics of the anatomical landmarks. He highlights the importance of diligent treatment planning including prosthodontic plannning. After the lecture, the panel discusses the poll options and shares their experience in similar cases.