Treatment of the edentulous maxilla with moderate resorption and soft bone: Immediate Function episode 3
- Comprehensive assessment of the edentulous patient
- Treatment options for the edentulous maxilla presenting with an unstable denture and soft bone
- Achieve primary stability with 3 cortical anchorage
- The advantages of tilted implants and the All-on-4® treatment concept
- Long-term soft and hard tissues, and esthetic outcomes
Restoring dignity, aesthetics, and function back to the patient, Prof. Enrico Agliardi shows how he addresses a complex case of a patient with failing esthetics, failing teeth, and a failing prosthesis. Detailing his comprehensive assessment of the atrophic maxilla, bone quality and quantity, he shows the surgical and prosthetic phases of the All-on-4 treatment protocol and recommends that clinicians follow the original protocol published by Prof. Paulo Malo. After 9 years, the esthetic outcome and soft and hard tissue results are presented. The treatment of the atrophic maxilla with the All-on-4 protocol is possible with extra-long implants.