We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies or other tracking mechanisms necessary to make our Platform function as intended.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Platform when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Platform works, for example, by ensuring that users are easily finding what they are looking for.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies enable us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). They may also be used to recognize you when you return to our Platform.
- Third-party advertising cookies. These cookies placed on your device by third parties record your visit to our Platform, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. They use this information to make the advertising displayed on other sites more relevant to your interests.
The Third Party cookies that we may use on the Platform are:
- Google Analytics helps to compile statistics about the use of our Platform. This includes data such as how many people have visited our website, what type of technology they are using (e.g. Mac or Windows which helps to identify when our site isn't working as it should for particular technologies), what demographics and interests the users have, how long they spend on the site, what page they look at etc. This helps us to continuously improve our Platform. You may prevent the recording of the data generated by cookies and relating to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) at Google, as well as the processing of these data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plugin available under the following link (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en) You will find more detailed information about Google Analytics and data protection at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en or http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
- Facebook Pixel: FOR enables Facebook to track our visitors’ behavior on the FOR website by the use of pixels and other snippets. You may opt out of this pixel tracking by clicking on the following link: http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
b) Log files
Like most standard websites, we use log files to automatically log information such as IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. We log this information to manage traffic loads, identify the content most commonly accessed and determine information technology requirements for providing reliable service, or other web management, deployment, tracking, maintenance and similar activities. We do not use this information to identify you.
c) What information do we collect?
When you register as an Associate Fellow onto the Platform you provide FOR with personal data, which can include your first and last name, date and place of birth, address, email address, phone number, languages, profession, education, and more generally any information that identifies you (your “Personal Data”). Some information is necessary for us to create your account (name, email address) and some information allows us to know you and serve you better, you can decide whether you want to add it to your Associate Fellow profile or not. You have the right to access and rectify at any time your Personal Data collected by FOR and to request its deletion, should you decide not to be an Associate Fellow anymore, please contact FOR at the address indicated below in section f.
d) What do we do with your data?
FOR may ask you questions in order to serve you better, e.g. about your practice or what you would like to find as content on the Platform. These questions are optional for you to answer, however, if you do answer, we will record them in order to tailor our content to your wishes.
We do not spam, never sell or rent email addresses, and there is an easy unsubscribe in every email you will receive. Alternately you may remove your address from our mailing lists by sending us an email to the address indicated below.
e) How do we secure your data and when do we disclose it?
Transfer of data to third parties
Unless in these cases where the transfer of your data to processors is necessary for the administration of the FOR Platform or is mandatory, FOR will never transfer your Personal Data to third party companies unless you have explicitly accepted such transfer.
Links to third-party websites
FOR Platform may contain links to other websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such websites and such websites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Last updated: October 2016