Theory of Single Tooth Implants Online Course
With this online course, you will build a solid foundation of theoretical knowledge of key concepts and treatment methods for successful single-tooth implant placement procedures in modern dentistry. The learning journey is straightforward and easily adaptable to your personal schedule. Here are some key facts to help you get started:
The course is fully online. You can complete the learning at your own pace. To maximize your progress, it is recommended you complete phase one within a period of 6 weeks.
The course uses a blended e-learning format, including reading materials, clinical videos, as well as some reference material.
To help you evaluate your progress and knowledge retention, some useful self-assessment questions are placed at the end of each chapter.
The course concludes with a formal proctored online exam. You can access your video test center at your convenience from your own computer.
Price, including the proctored exam: $488 USD
20 CE credits. This course is approved by the Swiss Dental Association (SSO).
The course is available to residents of the United States, European Union Countries, the United Kingdom, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan.
This course is for you, if
- You are a dental clinician, aiming to consolidate the knowledge and gain experience in implantology
- You have an interest in extending your practice into the field of dental implantology
- You are a student or a post-graduate student, wishing to supplement the curriculum by adding an in-depth focus in implantology
- You have completed your studies of dentistry and have gained 3+ years of clinical experience
- You have a solid understanding of standard restorations of single teeth
What will you gain?
- Access to content developed by world-renowned experts in the field of dental implantology
- Self-paced theory course. The Foundation for Oral Rehabilitation designates the online course for 20 continuing education hours (CE credits)
- Discussion and direct Q&A with our expert faculty moderators.
Following completion of the Theory of Single Tooth Implants Online Course, participants will be able to:
- Diagnose and plan single-tooth implant treatment
- Identify the appropriate surgical procedures associated with implant placement
- Explain the principles of single restoration design that optimize success and minimize complications
- Develop an optimal post-implant placement care program for patients
How to buy:
Click "my courses" at the top of this page next to your name. Only logged-in members and residents of an eligible country see this button.
FOR Education Council
Distinguished Professor in Implant Dentistry at Loma Linda University, California, USA. Dr. Goodacre is Diplomate and Past-President of the America Board of Prosthodontics, the American College of Prosthdontics, and the Academy of Prosthodontics. He maintains a private practice devoted to prosthodontics and implant dentistry.
Dr. Chow is a Specialist in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. He also acts as the Managing Director of the Hong Kong Dental Implant & Maxillofacial Centre and is the founder of the Brånemark Osseointegration Center in Hong Kong & Shanghai . Dr. Chow is a Honorary Associate Clinical Professor of The University of Hong Kong.
Prof. Marinello served at the University of Zürich as Assistant Professor and acting head of the Dental Public Health Clinic, Assistant Professor of the Department of Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics and Dental Material Sciences and Associate Professor and Head of Periodontology. He is a director of the Editorial Council of the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, responsible for strategy development for the journal.
Dr. Tanner is a specialist in prosthodontics, founding partner of The Dawood and Tanner Specialist Dental Practice, Honorary Lecturer in Prosthodontics at Cardiff Dental School. Her clinical practice is primarily implant restoration of the atrophic jaw, and for patients requiring reconstruction on dental implants after Maxillofacial resection or trauma. She lectures internationally and champions mentorship in the UK in the subject of Restoration of Dental Implants.
Dr. Naylor retired from clinical practice in the U.S. Air Force Dental Corps after which he served as the Associate Dean for Advanced Education at the Loma Linda University School of Dentistry. Following his retirement from the latter position, he moved to Virginia (USA) where he continues to pursue his interests in writing and consulting.
Dr. Wong won awards from the National University of Singapore for his outstanding performance: the FAC Oehlers Gold Medal and Terrell Silver Medal. Dr. Wong is the Chairman of T32 Dental Group Ltd in Singapore. His practice focuses in all areas of restorative care including aesthetic dentistry, full mouth reconstruction, fixed, removable and implant prosthodontics.
Dr. Chow, Dr. Tanner disclose lecture/speaker honoraria from Nobel Biocare.
Dr. Goodacre discloses royalties from ehuman.com, Elsevier and Massad Enterprises. He is also an active Member of the FOR Board of Trustees.
Prof. Marinello discloses other financial or material support by Zirkonzahn.
Dr. Wong discloses lecture/speaker honoraria from Straumann.
Dr. Naylor, Dr. Wang have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.