- Implant prosthetics - removable
- Implant prosthetics - fixed
- Comprehensive treatment concepts
General health check
- During regular recall visits update information on general health of patient, such as infection or treatments in the head and neck area
- Update patient medication status
- In case of doubt enquire at patient’s family doctor or specialists
Recall visit - General health check update
Patient health can change considerably over time - therefore at every recall visit, check and get updated information on general health of patient, and if needed adapt maintenance policy adequately. Information (for example a poster) concerning this topic in the waiting room is helpful. Not only the clinician should ask the patient, but also the staff should be aware of the importance of these updates.
Questioning should always consider: systemic, cardio-vascular, blood, neural, gastro-intestinal, urogenital and metabolic diseases, surgeries and hospital visits (for example radiotherapy treatments), allergies, infections, specific infections (Hepatitis, HIV), travel to tropical countries (latency of certain diseases).
Reevaluate specifically the head and neck area: nasal or sinusal surgery, laryngeal complaints etc.
In case of critical new situations, ask for medical reports. In case of doubt always contact the treating specialist or the family doctor.
Review medication situation and if any changes occured. Question especially all medication related the blood/heart (like anticoagulants) or the bone (bisphosphonates). Elderly patients consider medication a routine and might forget to mention them, if asked in a generic way.